Borehole Drilling, In-Situ and Laboratory Tests in Tribhuvan International Airport
Project: Tribhuvan International Airport
Assignment: Borehole Drilling, In-Situ and Laboratory Tests in Tribhuvan International Airport
Location: Kathmandu District, Nepal
Client: Design & Developer Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: January 2019 to June 2019
Project Description: The project is located in Kathmandu district. The borehole drilling, in-situ and laboratory tests are carried out for the construction of the building terminals in Tribhuvan International Airport.
Scope of Services:
1. Arrangement of all equipment, human resources and logistics facilities for mobilization, execution and demobilization of the services;
2. Drilling of four holes, each 16m deep by rotary drilling method;
3. DCPT/ SPT tests in an interval of 1.5m for each hole;
4. Undisturbed soil sampling, one sample per hole;
5. Disturbed soil sampling, one sample at interval of 1.5m for each hole;
6. Laboratory Tests of the samples (Moisture Content, Grain Size Distribution, Hydrometer Analysis, Atterberg Limits, Specific Gravity, Consolidated Test, Unconfined Compressive Test, Direct Shear Test)
7. Equipment Used:
• Drill Rig, Generator, Pump and accessories;
• SPT, DCPT Test equipment and accessories;
• Laboratory tests equipment and accessories.