Topographic Survey, Gauge Instillation, Discharge Measurement, Sediment Sampling and Analysis of Budhi Gandaki Nadi Hydropower Project (BGNHPP)
Project: Budhi Gandaki Nadi Hydropower
Assignment: Topographic Survey, Gauge Instillation, Discharge Measurement, Sediment Sampling and Analysis of Budhi Gandaki Nadi Hydropower Project (BGNHPP)
Location: Gorkha District, Nepal
Client: Jade Consult Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: February 2018 to May 2018
Project Description: Budhigandaki Nadi Hydropower Project is Run-of-the-River type project located in Chum Nubri Gaupalika of Gorkha District of installed capacity 91 MW. The catchment area of the project is 2,123.6 km. The design discharge of the project is 52.72 m3/s with gross head of 200m. The water is guided through 6.3m dia inverted D shape HRT of length 5400m to two units of Vertical Axis Francis Turbine housed in underground powerhouse. The surge tank is of 20m dia and 25m height. The water from the powerhouse is guided through tail race tunnel of length 280m. The power generated is planned to be evacuated to Khudi Substation through 220 kV single circuit 65km long Transmission Line.
Scope of Services:
Topographic Survey and mapping.
1. Establishment of Benchmarks and Transfer of Control Points in headworks, surge tank, adit portals and powerhouse area;
2. Detailed Topographic Survey and Mapping of total of around 150 ha area in the scale of 1:1000;
3. Carry out river cross-section survey and longitudinal survey in the dam site, powerhouse and tail race outlet location covering 500m u/s and 500m d/s in both headworks and powerhouse/tail race outlet location; and
4. Mapping and Preparation of Survey Reports in the scale of 1: 1000 having 1 m contour interval in standard format (Main Report and Drawings/Survey Maps)
5. Equipment Used:
a) DGPS- 3 Sets; and
b) Total Station- 3 sets.
Hydrology and Sediment Study.
1. Installation of Manual Gauge of 4m height at suitable location nearby the intake site (near Ranagaun Village);
2. Discharge Measurement for 4 times in dry months starting from February 2018 to May 2018 from the suspension bridge located near intake site at Ranagaun Village of Gorkha District;
3. Sediment sampling, Lab Test and Analysis collected sample during rainy season. Sediment samples shall be collected during rainy season once a week from June to September;
4. Assist local gauge reader for daily gauge reading and train him as to how to take accurate reading. Provide gauge log book for the recording of the gauge reading;
5. Preparation and Submission of Report;and
6. Equipment Used:
a) Current Meter
b) Sounding Rill
c) Point Sediment Sampler