Design of River Protection Works at Pokhara International Cricket Stadium
Project: International Cricket Stadium River Training Project
Assignment: Design of River Protection Works at Pokhara International Cricket Stadium
Location: Kaski District
Client: Ministry of Social Development
Duration: January 2021 to March 2021
Project Description: Pokhara International Cricket Stadium is located at Bagmara of Lekhnath Metropolitan city. The east side of the cricket ground is directly exposed to Seti River and eroded bank to greater extent by monsoon flood. Therefore, there is an immediate requirement of river protection works along the right bank of Seti River. The aim of River protection works is to safeguard the river side of cricket ground against river erosion and make cricket ground safe for sports and other activities. The main objective of work is to plan and design appropriate river protection structures on right bank of Seti River along river side of Cricket ground.
Scope of Services:
1. Carryout River Cross section survey in the proposed river protection site by using DGPS or TS traversing for establishing the control points;
2. Carryout hydrological study to estimate the different return period floods using various empirical formula used in river protection works;
3. Perform river modeling by using HECRAS software to determine the different hydraulic parameters such as water depth, velocity etc of the River in the given section;
4. Identify and analyze the different river protection measures considering River dynamics, importance of structures to be protected, project cost etc;
5. Detailed structural analysis of the selected structure including stability and stress analysis; and
6. Cost estimation based on unit rate and quantity calculated from detailed drawings.