Discharge measurement and Preliminary survey of Upper Surnayagad HEP, Baitadi
Project: Upper Surnayagad HEP
Assignment: Discharge measurement and Preliminary survey of Upper Surnayagad HEP
Location: Baitadi District
Client: Rays Consult Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: July 2020 to August 2020
Project Description: Upper Surnayagad Hydropower Project lies in Patan Municipality ward no. 7 and 8 of Baitadi District. The source river is Surnayagad, a tributary of Mahakali River. It flows from North to South and it enters to Mahakali River at Kopare Village, approximately 35 km downstream from proposed power house site. The proposed project lies between the latitudes 29°24’40″N to 29°26’25″N and longitudes 80°28’00″E to 80°30’15″E respectively. Consultant may recommend adjusting project area (boundary). The schematic layout clearly shows the tentative alignment of dam, headrace, penstock pipe and power house as shown in figure. The headwork lies in the ward No. 7 and Power House lies in the ward No. 8 of the Patan Municipality, Baitadi.
Scope of Services:
1. Discharge measurement at headwork from sounding reel method form suspension bridge;
2. Establishment of 7 nos permanent control point;
3. X-section survey of 16nos of River @50 m spacing up to 5 m from HFL;
4. Detail topographic points over the project boundary;
5. Longitudinal survey of the river;
6. Mapping and report preparation.