Intensive Flow Measurement and River Cross-Section Survey at Hydrological Stations
Project: Discharge Measurement & Cross-section Survey
Assignment: Intensive Flow Measurement and River Cross-Section Survey at Hydrological Stations
Location: Dharan District
Client: Office of Hydrology and Meteorology
Duration: July 2021 to July 2022
Project Description: The Department of Hydrology and Meteorology has planned to prepare station inventory for all its major stations which will include the cross-section properties at two or more sections so that the adequate information would be available for the extrapolation of rating curve. In this regard, OHM-Dharan has called for the proposals for Intensive Flow Measurement and River Cross-Section Survey at Hydrological Stations in response to which this Proposal is prepared.
Scope of Services:
1. Inception of the Assignment and Planning for Proposed Study Works
• Collection and Review of Relevant Guidelines and Documents;
• Kick-off meeting with the Client;
• Desk Study of Project Area;
• Planning for the proposed Study Works;
• Preparation of Updated Work Plan and Methodology.
2. Field Data Collection
• Identification of Benchmark Coordinates and Linking with Existing Staff Gauges;
• River Cross-section Survey;
• Discharge Measurement;
• Preparation of Overall Schedule and Frequency of Field Works;
• Data Recording and Documentation.
3. Data Computation and Analysis
• River Cross-section Mapping;
• Manning’s Coefficient (n);
• Parameters at 0.2 m interval up to 5 above HFL;
o Cross-section Area (A)
o Wetted Perimeter (P)
o Hydraulic Radius (R)
o Discharge (Q)
• Plotting of Water Level;
• Computation of Peak Flood Discharge;
• Plotting of Stage-Discharge (Rating) Curve.