Geophysical Investigations (ERT & MASW) of Hidi Khola Hydropower Project (6.82 MW)
Project: Hidi Khola Hydropower Project (6.82 MW)
Assignment: Geophysical Investigations (ERT & MASW) of Hidi Khola Hydropower Project (6.82 MW)
Location: Lamjung District, Nepal
Client: White Lotus Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: November 2019 to December 2019
Project Description: Hidi Khola Hydropower Project is a project located at Bhulbhule, Bahundanda, Lamjung. According to initial study, the capacity of the project is 6.820 MW.
Scope of Services:
1. Carrying out the ERT (Electrical Resistivity Tomography) test along 14 ERT lines (Settling Basin- 3 lines, Headrace Pipe Alignment- 2 lines, Surge Tank- 1 line, Penstock Pipe Alignment- 6 lines and Powerhouse Area- 2 lines) of total length 2325 meters;
2. Carrying out MASW (multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves) tests in 3 points (Surge Tank- 1 point and Powerhouse- 2 points);
3. Analysis and interpretation of the field data to provide information on different layers of soil, possible depth of bed rock, groundwater table, slope deformation, and plane of weakness and discontinuities;
4. Stake out topographic survey of the ERT lines and MASW points and GIS Mapping of those lines and points.
5. Equipment Used:
• 2D- ERT Equipment (Syscal R1 Plus Switch-48) with accessories;
• MASW Equipment (24 Channel Geode Seismographs) with accessories
• Total Station (1 set with accessories).