Design of Madhya Daram Khola A Small Hydropower Project (3.0 MW)
Project: Design of Madhya Daram Khola A Small Hydropower Project (3.0 MW)
Assignment: Madhya Daram Khola A Small Hydropower Project (3.0 MW)
Location: Baglung District, Nepal
Client: Dhaulagiri Civil Electrical Mechanical Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: July 2018 to January 2019
Project Description: Madhya Daram Khola A Small Hydropower Project is located in Argal and Hile VDCs of Baglung District in the western development region of Nepal. Geographically, the project area is located between latitudes of 280 16’ 44” to 280 15’ 36” N and longitudes of 830 26’ 22” E TO 230 24’ 30” E as per Survey License. The Project Utilizes design discharge of 3.79 m3/s and net head of 99.83m to generate the energy of 16.83 GWH.
Scope of Services:
1. Design of Headworks structure such as intake, desander, gravel trap, surge tank/forebay, spill-way, weir;
2. Design of water conveyance system, tail race canal and other structure;
3. Design of PH, support system, river training works, camp facilities including water supply and sanitation provisions;
4. Design of the hydro-mechanical components such as gates, values, penstocks, bifurcation, trash racks, steel lining etc.;
5. Design and specification for turbine, inlet values, lubrication system, hydraulic system, cooling system, EOT crane, governing and controlling system;
6. Appropriate design and specification of generator, excitation system, LV switching equipment, HV switching equipment, transformers and power evacuation system along with proper and accurate line diagrams.