Supply and Installation of Satellite Based Automatic Water Level Recorder including one-time discharge measurement for Nyadi Phidi Hydropower Project
Project: Nyadi Phidi Hydropower Project
Assignment:Supply and Installation of Satellite Based Automatic Water Level Recorder including one-time discharge measurement for Nyadi Phidi Hydropower Project
Location: Lamjung District
Client: North Summit Hydro Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: December 2020 to January 2021
Project Description: Nyadi Phidi Hydropower project is located in Marsyangdi Rural Municipality of Lamjung District. The project utilizes design discharge of 3.6 m3/s with net head of 689 m to generate 129.14 GWh annual energy with installed capacity of 21.4 MW.
Scope of Services:
1. Identification of suitable for the installation of Automatic Water Lever Recorder;
2. Supply, testing and installation of necessary equipment for the operation of automatic water level recorder;
3. One-time discharge measurement and Cross section survey for equipment calibration;
4. Arrange satellite communication system for real time data transfer;
5. Arrange necessary online facilities for real time data visualization and download of water level data;
6. Submission of site installation report including site photographs; and
7. Submission of Discharge Analysis Report.
8. Equipment Used:
• Radar Level Sensor-RS485 (5-35 m range);
• Lighting surge protector for RS-485 and 12 V DC;
• Data Logger;
• M2M Communications Terminal (Satellite type);
• Power System (Solar Panel 55W & VRLA Battery 12v 75 Ah); and
• Metal Mast and accessories for installation and set-up.