Due Diligence Study of Shyam Khola Hydropower Project
Project: Shyam Khola Hydropower Project
Assignment:Due Diligence Study of Shyam Khola Hydropower Project
Location: Bhojpur District
Client: Rautaha Construction Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: October 2020 to December 2020
Project Description: Shyam Khola Hydropower Project is a run-of-river type project located in Sadananda Municipality of Bhojpur District. The project utilizes design discharge of 0.98 m3/s and gross head of 865.0 m to generate 7.2 MW electric power. The average sellable energy of SKHPP is 39.65 GWh after outage. The major components of the project are 15.0 m long diversion weir, two side intakes of 1.4 m x 0.6 m size, desander basin of size 18.0 x 3.0 x 3.4 m, Headpond of 7.0 m length, Headrace pipe 900 mm dia and 1370 m length, Forebay size 10.0 x 5.0 x 7.0 m, Penstock 800 mm dia and 4460 m length and powerhouse of size 30.0 x 15.0 x 10.0 m. The generated electricity will be evacuated through 33 kV transmission line from switchyard to Upper Chirkhwa switchyard located in 4 km distance.
Scope of Services:
1. Review of the previous studies including hydrology, hydraulic design, geology of the project area, environmental studies in the reports made available during course of study;
2. Field visit of the project area: Verification of the Project Settings, Assessment of proposed Headworks, Water ways Alignment, Power House, Tailrace and Power Evacuation Station;
3. Review of project geology sensitive to landslide, slope stability etc;
4. Preparation of site impression report;
5. Review of the project layout and suitability of site selection for construction of project components;
6. Verification of project general layout and location of individual components;
7. Review of the project hydrology and confirmation of the design discharge;
8. Review of the project cost estimates;
9. Review of installed capacity and annual energy estimates;
10. Assessment of available transmission line (TL) route at present condition with respect to project requirements;
11. Assessment of available and planned infrastructure facilities like roads, Transmission Line (TL) and project requirements;
12. Assessment of the adequacy of the environmental study (IEE or EIA) as per the Environmental study regulation Government of Nepal;
13. Review of social and environmental concerns and check the adequacy of mitigation plan in compliance with governmental regulations;
14. Brief assessment of risk factor in the project from the investor perspective;
15. Review of the financial analysis and independent evaluation of the project financially;
16. Draw conclusion and make recommendation based on the findings.
17. Preparation of Due- Diligence Appraisal Report;
18. Discussion with investor about study outcomes with presentation if required.