Field Investigation, Detailed Engineering Design and Construction Supervision of Madhya Tarakhola Small Hydropower Project(2.2 MW)
Project: Madhya Tarakhola Hydropower Project
Assignment: Field Investigation, Detailed Engineering Design and Construction Supervision of Madhya Tarakhola Small Hydropower Project and (2.2 MW)
Location: Baglung District
Client: Madhya Tara Khola Hydropower Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: March 2019 to Till date
Project Description: Madhya Tarakhola Small Hydropower Project is Run of River type hydropower project located in Baglung district of Nepal. The project utilizes design discharge of 2.2 m3/s from three sources namely Tarakhola, Chhedak and Namili Khola, and net head of 119.87 m. The project has installed capacity of 2.2 MW and generates 12.54 GWh annual sellable energy.
Scope of Services:
1. Review of Feasibility Study Report and other applicable documents and reports;
2. Field Investigations:
a. Topographical Survey and Mapping- Establishment of Control Network using DGPS; Detailed topographic survey of project components, including penstock alignment; Mapping and Reporting – 50 Ha;
b. Cadastral survey, mapping, field verification and staking out the points in the field – 70 Ropani;
c. Monthly Discharge Measurement during the dry months – 4 times;
d. Overall geological mapping of the project area – 50 Ha;
e. Construction materials survey, identification and laboratory testing.
3. Hydrological data review, study and finalization of the design discharge, return floods for different years and environmental flow requirement;
4. Preparation of Design Basis Memorandum for Civil, HM and EM design;
5. Project Optimization Studies of the project components and structures;
6. Detailed hydraulic design and dimensioning of intake, desander, gravel trap, surge tank/forebay, spill-way, weir, water conveyance system, tail race canal and other structures;
7. Detailed design of PH, support systems, river training works, camp facilities including water supply and sanitation provisions;
8. Detailed design, drawings and dimensioning of the hydro-mechanical components such as gates, valves, penstocks, bifurcations, trash racks, steel lining etc.;
9. Detail Survey, Design and cost estimation of Access Road (2.5 KM);
10. Appropriate design and specifications for turbine, inlet valves, lubrication system, hydraulic system, cooling system, EOT crane, governing and controlling system;
11. Detailed design of all components of switchyard with detailed drawings meeting NEA’s requirement according to the connection agreement;
12. Appropriate design and specifications of generator, excitation system, LV switching equipment, HV switching equipment, transformers and power evacuation system along with proper and accurate line diagrams;
13. Structural analysis and detailed reinforcement drawings for the civil structures;
14. Rate analysis, preparation and BoQ and overall cost estimation of the project;
15. Construction Methodology, Equipment Planning and Preparation of Construction Schedule for the different components of the project.
16. Preparation of the tender documents and assistance during Bidding process.
17. Construction Supervision and contract administration for the Civil, HM and EM contracts;
18. Design Support during the construction period;
19. Environmental and social compliance monitoring and reporting based on approved IEE report