Feasibility Study and Detailed Design of Access Road and Bridges for Transportation of Raw Materials of Shaurya Cement
Project: Transportation of Raw Materials of Shaurya Cement
Assignment: Feasibility Study and Detailed Design of Access Road and Bridges for Transportation of Raw Materials of Shaurya Cement
Location: Udayapur and SirahaDistrict, Nepal
Client: Shaurya Cement Ltd.
Duration: February 2019 to June 2019
Project Description: This project plans to study new road alignment avoiding the settlement area for the purpose of transportation of raw materials for the cement factory. It includes intermediate lane road alignment of 43km and belly bridge of span 40m across Ghurmi Khola.
Scope of Services:
A. Desk Study and Finalization of Road Alignment and Bridge Axis
• Collection of studies done by the client and related maps;
• Selection of three alternative routes form desk study and;
• site visit for identification the suitable road alignment and bridge axis.
B. Topographical Survey and Mapping
• Transfer of National trig and National benchmark to project area;
• Setting up benchmark and two control point over every 500 m for topographical survey using DGPS over 56 kM,(Shaurya Cement factory-Chhagaraya bridge-Ghurmi khola-Khasibas_Katari-Shaurya Cement Mining area)
• Centre line marking and detailed survey at 25m on either side of road alignment along with establishment of temporary benchmark along the 56 KM route; and
• Inventory survey work and traffic count work.
• For bridge axis, conducting detailed survey covering 1000m both upstream and downstream of the bridge axis along with longitudinal and 42 nos’ cross-sectional survey.
C. Hydrological Assessment
• Collection of hydrological historical data of the catchment area;
• Finalization of design flood and highest flood level for bridge; and
• Determination of the requirement of the drainage along the road and the capacity requirement of cross-drainage structures including culverts and cause-ways
D. Geological Mapping and Study
• Geological mapping of 56 Km road area;
• Surface geological mapping of the bridge axis area; and
• Study of joints of discontinuities along the road alignment.
E. Social and Environmental Study
• Review of social and environmental parameter of the study area;
• Site Visit and Social and Environmental baseline data collection of the alternative routes; and
• Analysis of the alternatives and prioritize the alternatives based on social and environmental impact.
F. Detail Design of 56 Km Double lane road and 200 m bailey bridge
• Design of double lane road pavement, cross-drainage structures, side drainage, horizontal and vertical curves, slopes, super- elevation, suitable retaining structures, bio-engineering;
• Detail design of River training structures;
• Design of slope stability structures such as retaining walls, crib walls, rock bolts etc along the road alignment; and
• For bridge, load forecasting and detailed design of 200m Bailey Bridge, Abutments, River training works and Approach road.
G. Cost estimate and Preparation of Detailed Project Report.
• Unit rate analysis and Preparation of BoQ;
• Total cost estimation of the road alignment and bridge; and
• Preparation of Detail Project Report.