Topographic Survey and Mapping for Bridge Design Project
Project: Bridge Design Project
Assignment: Topographic Survey and Mapping for Bridge Design Project
Location: Palpa and Chitwan District, Nepal
Duration: April 2018 to June 2018
Project Description: This project is based on the complete design of 6 bridges. One of the six bridges is in Muglin above Trishuli river while other 5 are along the feeder road in Palpa district.
Scope of Services:
1. Site visit along with the design team and client to get general layout of the site;
2. Desk study and discussion with the client about the depth of survey work required;
3. Arrangement of all the required survey equipment, manpower and transportation facilities;
4. Detail topographic survey and Mapping of the six proposed bridge sites in the scale of 1:1000; and
5. Cross section and Longitudinal Survey at every 100m interval up to 500m downstream and 1km upstream of the proposed axis.
6. Equipment Used:
• Total Station-2 sets
• DGPS-3 Set
• Hand Held GPS-1