Detail Topographic Survey of Surnayagad Hydropower Project (7.65 MW)
Project: Surnayagad Hydropower Project
Assignment: Detail Topographic Survey of Surnayagad Hydropower Project (7.65 MW)
Location: Baitadi District
Client: Epicenter Engineering Solutions (P) Ltd.
Duration: September 2020 to January 2021
Project Description: The SGHPP is located in Baitadi districts of Sudur Pashchim Province in Far-Western Region of Nepal. It is a run-of-the-river (RoR) project. The source river is Surnayagad, a tributary of Mahakali River. It flows from North to South and it enters to Mahakali River at Kopare Village, approximately 6km downstream from proposed powerhouse site. Total catchment area at intake site is 767.40 km². According to the pre-Detailed Feasibility study, the available gross head is 50 m and the design discharge is 18.602 m3/sec, giving a total installed capacity of 7.65 MW and 44.112GWh total energy.
Scope of Services:
1. Purchasing of the locations of National Trig Points and Coordinate transfer using DGPS;
2. Establishment of tentative 15 GCP Network from DGPS approach on structure area and tunnel alignment;
3. Topographical Survey at Headwork’s, Suge Tank, Penstock and Powerhouse area (25 Ha) in 1:1000 scale with lower m of contour interval;
4. Topographical Survey including strip survey for tunnel alignment in 2 km-1:5000 scale in with higher m of contour interval;
5. River X-section Survey (42 no’s) and L-Section Survey;
6. Access Road and Project Road Survey including GCP in 1:5000 scale;
7. Submission of overall Survey and Mapping Reports.
8. Equipment Used:
• DGPS-3 set and Total Station-2 set;