Topographic Survey of Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower Project (844 MW)
Project: Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower Project
Assignment: Topographic Survey of Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower Project (844 MW)
Location: Kathmandu District
Client: Jade Consult Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: September 2020 to July 2021
Project Description: The multipurpose storage hydropower project is location on the border between the districts of Parbat and Myagdi, is designed to use river discharge flowing into the Kaligandaki river to generate approximately 380 GWh annually, according to initial reports. Energy will be transmitted through the Koshi Corridor transmission line. The planned location of the project is 1-2 km upstream from the confluence of the Kaligandaki and Seti rivers, with an elevation of around 530 m. The reservoir volume has been calculated at approximately 2.043 x 109 m3.
Scope of Services:
1. Arrangement of necessary manpower and equipment to carry out detailed topographic survey;
2. Establishment of Control point network with connection to national grid coordinate system of Nepal;
3. Detailed topographic survey in structure area in 1:1000 scale (Approx 200 Ha);
4. Topographic Survey covering at least 100m corridor on each side from the centerline of the tunnel alignment in the scale of 1:5000 (Approx 200 Ha);
5. Survey of project area including reservoir area in 1:5000 scale (Approx 400 Ha);
6. River cross section, Bathymetric Survey (Approx 60 Nos) and Longitudinal Survey;
7. Road Alignment Survey (Approx 26 km).
8. Equipment Used:
• Hiper HR DGPS (3 sets);
• Eco-sounder (measure depth up to 300m with accuracy of +/- 0.5% X depth)
• Total Station (3 sets);
• Rafting Boat;
• Transducer and other related equipment.