Hydrology and sediment Measurement of Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower project (844MW)
Project: Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower project
Assignment: Hydrology and sediment Measurement of Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower project (844MW)
Location: Parbat, Myagdi District
Client: Jade Consult Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: June 2020 to November 2022
Project Description: Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower project is located at Parbat, Myagdi District. Kaligandaki Storage Hydropower project has the capacity of 844MW. The first option is to make a dam at 1.5 km upstream of setibeni and to make a dam toe hydropower scheme. The next option is to make a dam at Barrachaur and powerhouse near Setibeni with around 8 km headrace tunnel. As per first option written above, KMSS is storage project with dam height of 220 m and design discharge of 479.88 cumecs giving 844.32 MW installed capacity. The proposed Full supply level is at 750 masl and the tail water level at 533 masl.
Scope of Services:
1. Instillation of Rader type telemeter at Hydrometric Station (Water Level Recorder) and gauge;
2. Instillation of Automatic Weather Station with Telemetry complete set;
3. Discharge measurement and gauge reading;
4. Sediment Sampling from Depth Integration Method;
5. Collection of sediment sample, analyzes mineralogy, check partial size distribution and check water quality.