Sediment Study of Modi River for Landruk Modi Khola Hydroelectric Project
Project: Landruk Modi Khola Hydroelectric Project
Assignment: Sediment Study of Modi River for Landruk Modi Khola Hydroelectric Project
Location: Kaski District, Nepal
Client: Annapurna Vidhyut Bikas Company Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: July 2018 to October 2018
Project Description: Landruk Modi Khola Hydroelectric Project is located on the Modi Khola river and is situated in between Lumle, LwangGhalel and Ghandruk V.D.C of Kaski district. The design discharge is 7.48m3/s and the waterways include headrace tunnel, rock trap, surge tank, drop shafts and horizontal pressure penstock pipes. The total length of the headrace tunnel is around 7500 m and the total length of steel lined drop shafts and horizontal pressure penstock pipes is about 2300 m. The gross head is about 1415 m and taking into account the proposed design of the power waterways, the feasibility report indicates a net head of 1360 m with underground powerhouse equipped with three Pelton units for a total installed capacity of 86.59 MW.
Scope of Services:
1. Collection of the required accessories required for sediment sampling from the client;
2. Set up lab at the site to store the equipment and samples;
3. Appoint and train the site technician to carry out the sampling by point sampling method;
4. Collection of 2 samples per day for the time period of 4 months (July to October) using point sampling method;
5. Concentration Analysis of 244 nos of samples and Mineral and Particle Size Distribution Analysis of 32 samples;
6. Water Quality Test (One sample per month); and
7. Preparation and submission of final lab report with sufficient photographs and all analysis results and other findings;
8. Equipment used:
a) Polylab bottles of 0.5 L capacity;
b) Filtration system and weighing accessories;
c) Drying Oven;
d) Trinocular Stereo Zoom Microscope; and
e) Beckman Coulter Particle Size Analyzer of range 0.4 micron to 2000 micron.