Pre-feasibility Study for Railway and Ropeway as a mode of Transportation of Raw Materials to Factory Location
Project: The cement factory
Assignment: Pre-feasibility Study for Railway and Ropeway as a mode of Transportation of Raw Materials to Factory Location
Location: Udayapur District, Nepal
Client: ITECO Nepal (P) Ltd.
Duration: September 2018 to January 2019
Project Description: The cement factory is located in Mirchaiya while the quarry sites are located in Churiya Region tentatively North East of the Factory. With the expansion of the plant capacity of the cement factory, the existing road network will not be able to accommodate the increased traffic volume. This project focuses to study on the possibility of the railway network for the transportation of the raw materials.
Scope of Services:
1. Desk Study and Site Reconnaissance from the Factory to the Quarry sites;
2. Identification of alternative alignments and selection of best alternative for further study;
3. Hydrological and geological assessment along the selected alternative;
4. Planning for bridges, tunnels, and slope stabilization works in the selected alternative;
5. Preparation of drawings and cost estimate for the railway system;
6. Preparation of drawings and cost estimate for bridges, tunnels and slope stabilization works along the selected alignment;
7. Planning and study for the possibility of ropeway and cable car system for raw materials transportation;
8. Planning and study for the possibility of 4-lane highway for raw materials transportation;
9. GIS mapping and planning of the transportation network in the area;
10. Preparation of project implementation schedule;
11. Financial analysis for different project implementation modalities;
12. Preparation of pre-feasibility study report.