Preparation of Updated Feasibility Study Report (UFSR) and Updated Initial Environmental Examination (UIEE) of Madhya Tara khola SHP (2.2 MW)
Project: Madhya Tara khola SHP
Assignment: Preparation of Updated Feasibility Study Report (UFSR) and Updated Initial Environmental Examination (UIEE) of Madhya Tara khola SHP ( 2.2 MW)
Location: Baglung District, Nepal
Client: Madhya Tarakhola Hydropower Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: November 2019 to December 2019
Project Description: Middle Tara Hydropower Project is located in Tara Khola VDC of Baglung District. The salient features of the project are:
• Design Discharge- 1.70 m3/s;
• Gross Head- 126.73m;
• Dam/ Weir- Gravity Weir of length 20m and maximum height 5.00m on Tara Khola and of length 10m and maximum height 9.35m on Chheda Khola;
• Forebay/ Surge Tank- Rectangular type RCC Forebay of surface area 129.65 m2 and average depth 4.25m
• Penstock- 1m dia of thickness 10mm to 15mm having total length of 1834.0 m, 36 nos. of total anchor blocks;
• Capacity and Power- 1.7 MW from 2 horizontal shafts Francis turbine;
• Powerhouse- Surface powerhouse (33.5m X 10.6m);
• Transmission Facilities- 11 kV transmission line of total length 10 km.
Scope of Services:
1. Update of the Feasibility Study Report to 2.2 MW;
2. Revise of the layout, design and drawings;
3. Preparation of the updated Initial Environmental Examination Report;
4. Preparation of the updated cost estimate and construction schedule; and
5. Preparation of the new financial model for the project.