Topographical Survey Works of the Reservoir and HRT alignment for Lower Seti (Tanahun) Hydropower Project
Project: Lower Seti (Tanahun) Hydropower Project
Assignment: Topographical Survey
Works of the Reservoir and HRT alignment for Lower Seti (Tanahun) Hydropower Project
Location: Tanahun District, Nepal
Client: WAPCOS Limited & Nippon Koei Co. Ltd.
Duration: December 2019 to January 2020
Project Description: Lower Seti (Tanahu) Hydropower Project is the storage type hydropower project with the capacity of 140MW with an estimated average annual energy generation of 587.7 GWh (Years 1-10) and 489.9 GWh (Year 11 onwards). The Project is situated on Seti river of Vyas municipality near Damauli, the district headquarters of Tanahun District. The waterway consists of 7.4 m diameter and 1,203m long headrace tunnel on the right bank for the river. An underground powerhouse measuring 27m wide x 46m high x 97m long will be built approximately 6 km (along the river course) downstream of the dam site.
Scope of Services:
1. Preparation of survey map by digital mapping of the ortho-rectified image and DTM of allocated project area;
2. Major feature extraction from the Ortho-rectified image;
3. Development of overall plan covering whole boundary of the project in 1:1000 scale with 5-meter contour interval;
4. Establishments of check control points for ground verification; and
5. Mapping and report preparation.
6. Equipment Used:
• DGPS (3 Sets); and
• Total Station (2 Sets)