Cross-section and Longitudinal Survey (Bathymetric Survey) of Narayani River for Pre-feasibility Study of Water Inland Navigation Project
Project: Water Inland Navigation Project
Assignment: Cross-section and Longitudinal Survey (Bathymetric Survey) of Narayani River for Pre-feasibility Study of Water Inland Navigation Project
Location: Chitwan, Tanahun, Nawalpur and Nawalparasi District, Nepal
Client: Engineering Karmalaya Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: May 2019 to August 2019
Project Description: Water Inland Navigation Project focusses to study and identify possible navigation solutions in all the large rivers of Nepal (Narayani, Koshi and Karnali Rivers). In the first stage the study is being carried out in Narayani River from Gandak Barage in border with India to Dasdhunga (on the way to Narayanghat).
Scope of Services:
1. Establishment of control point network along the river bank using DGPS in connection to national trig points set up by Department of Survey- 15 Nos;
2. Carrying out River bathymetric survey using DGPS integrated echosounder across the river for the length of 98.79 km at interval of 500m, total cross section lines- 194 Nos, highest depth- 11.67 m;
3. Carrying out longitudinal survey along the deepest part of the river for entire length (98.79 km) and also along the river bank on both sides;
4. Carrying out River cross section survey up to HFL using Total station and DGPS
5. Carrying out obstacles survey with coordinates, clearance, span and other description as applicable;
6. Perform hydraulic modeling of Narayani River using HECRAS software for different flow conditions; and
7. Mapping of survey points, developing plans and profiles and preparation of report.
8. Equipment Used:
a) DGPS- 3 sets with accessories;
b) Total Station- 1 set with accessories;
c) Echosounder, transducer and computer operating system with accessories; and
d) Rafting Boat with Outboard motor and accessories.